2010 Yamaha R-1 - Page 3 - Sportbike Forums : Sportbikes Motorcycle Racing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-18-2010, 12:53 PM
NANLCRXWYAXWN

From the above, Rossi, Edwards and Spies replicas have been sold and will be personally delivered to the new owners at the LeMans MotoGP race by the respective riders.

Lorenzo's bike has had no takers as of yet.

Link

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-23-2010, 03:26 PM
eAmateur

The R1's a great bike, I love the way they sound- it's probably one of the main ones I'll be looking at next year. Grats on the ride (though I know you've had it for a little while now ).
post #23 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-23-2010, 03:54 PM
NANLCRXWYAXWN

I'm suckered in on the sounds and, now, the looks. Certainly a better looking bike in race trim but you really only need to get rid of the stock cans for the Akro system and you're set cosmetically. I'd really like to have the opportunity to ride one some day.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-24-2010, 04:22 AM
eAmateur

Yah, I'd definitely have to replace the huge stock cans, gotta let that bike sing, plus clean up the rear some, drop some weight. Have to go CF, cause I hear the stock ones get pretty hot...then again that's just what I've heard, no actual experience with it.
post #25 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-24-2010, 04:50 AM
NANLCRXWYAXWN

Akrapoic Evolution in carbon is what I'm trying to sell (figuratively of course ) Ninja. It should compliment the black bike nicely.

If I were to get one...that 2010 in white looks really hot. Nice to see they've ditched the bright red in favor of black fixings now. Still...I'd probably go blue and keep my eyes out for a Sterilgarda decal kit.

White would be easy for a Motorpoint conversion. Love the orange white and blue.

Last edited by DUC748; 05-24-2010 at 04:53 AM.
post #26 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-24-2010, 06:09 AM
eAmateur

I really like the Akrapovic as well...but they're so expensive =/ It seems like you could get a set of 2bros, a PC, and get it dyno'd for roughly the same price. Are they THAT much better really?
post #27 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-24-2010, 06:37 AM
NANLCRXWYAXWN

Akrapovic had the system on a display and the welds are beautiful! I forget what the brochure mentioned in the ways of power gains. Honestly, for me...I'd appreciate the appearance, heat and weight savings more over a power increase so long as power isn't reduced. The stock Ducati exhaust is a brick compared to the carbon slip-ons I fitted and as hot as the bike runs I'd surely removed some heat getting all that metal surface area removed from the rear.

Here is the main page for the exhaust.

Quote:
At 12460 rpm we measured 165.7 HP, with max. increased power of 7.8 HP at 5900 rpm. The system’s effect on the torque and power curve is huge and strongest in midrange rpm. The main increase starts at around 4500 rpm and continues right into the over-rev range.

post #28 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-24-2010, 07:06 AM
eAmateur

Wow, that's very impressive, and right where I would want the most gain, in the midrange...Duc, do you know if they are remapping the bike when they get those figures, or are they just slapping the slipons on, and crankin it up on the dyno?
post #29 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-24-2010, 07:42 AM
NANLCRXWYAXWN

No idea, that information isn't on the page or PDFs. Shoot 'em an email.

post #30 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-24-2010, 07:48 AM
eAmateur

Might have to do that =) I'm with you though I'm not caring all that much about horsepower as much as the other factors you mentioned. Being honest with myself, as an average to decent rider, even the weakest literbike out there is enough to scare me silly right off the showroom floor. I'm not ashamed to admit it. =)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forums : Sportbikes Motorcycle Racing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page