The 2009 R1 revealed - Page 2 - Sportbike Forums : Sportbikes Motorcycle Racing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 59 (permalink) Old 09-08-2008, 03:26 PM
ewalking on two feet

Not sure about the front end or not

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdaytona View Post
On the other hand, I love caffenated beverages....I'm pretty sure they are responsible for my ability to function over the last 10 months or so.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 59 (permalink) Old 09-08-2008, 03:30 PM
eChuckB

That view makes look like they stole some styling licks from the new Buell. Overall, I have no idea what they were thinking.
post #13 of 59 (permalink) Old 09-08-2008, 03:47 PM
eCancelChristmas

Quote:
That is truly odd looking. the tail is almost speed-triple esque.
can you say ZX10R circa '05/'06...? snubb'd up though like the '08 WSBK's. yeah, that upper screams buell XB9 firebolt with those 2 projector beams sticking out like that. on the racebikes is that WHOLE headlight area then going to turn into a ram-air feed...? that might be beneficial...? i hated that updated swingarm in '07 and i STILL hate it. the bike's lost a lot of it's elegance and sharpess, but i'm not ready to gouge my eyeballs out just yet. it's gotta whole "heavy-D"... "i'm chunky but funky" look now. sheesh, i only wish they would've updated the wheels. 7 spoke, 10 spoke, 3 spoke. i don't care, just ANYTHING other than 5 spoke already. they've clearly taken some honda styling cues. talk about ironic eh...!?!? LOL

you can tell yamaha's not ready to make the ducati mistake of risking a complete makeover of their flagship. at first glance, there's still no questioning that it's an R1. so then we get what we get. and that's basically a bastardized frankenstein version of the '00 R1 silouette where stuff basically looks grafted on ad-hoc. but of course this is no different than what i stated we got with the '05 remake.

i must say though i am totally geeked over the new engine configuration. BRAVISSIMO yamaha for being the first to homologate YET ANOTHER innovation ahead of the competition (where's a gottdamn handclap emoticon when you need one?). im afraid if i bought that bike though, the first thing i would do is immediately disassemble it. i wouldn't even ride it. LOL yamaha's simply got the trickest shiznit going. it's going to be interesting to see what it dyno's at relative to conventional I4's...? hmmmn, who will be next to go staccato...?

deep down, the motorcycle industry has a problem we dont talk about at parties...

Last edited by shamar1; 09-08-2008 at 04:40 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 59 (permalink) Old 09-08-2008, 04:11 PM Thread Starter
eChamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamar1 View Post
can you say ZX10R circa '05/'06...? yeah, that upper screams buell XB9 firebolt with those 2 projector beams sticking out like that. i hated that updated swingarm in '07 and i STILL hate it.

i must say though i am totally geeked over the new engine configuration. BRAVISSIMO yamaha for being the first to homologate YET ANOTHER innovation ahead of the competition. im afraid if i bought that bike though, the first thing i would do is immediately disassemble it. i wouldn't even ride it. LOL yamaha's simply got the trickest shiznit going. it's going to be interesting to see what it dyno's at relative to conventional I4's...? who will be next...?

Who will be next ?? It will prolly depend on the dyno sheets. Most likely how the bike makes the power compared to the others. If this config don't make any REAL power difference I cant see the other OEM's doing anything else to one up Yamaha. I will be watching with anticipation to see how this plays out . I too give Yamaha kudos for this big step forward.

2010 BMW S1000RR -2008 Honda CBR1000RR Racer

Dunlop Racing-Jim Cox racing

CVMA # 2
post #15 of 59 (permalink) Old 09-08-2008, 04:13 PM
eNovice

All you need is a low slung exhaust and you can replace the stock cans with luggage tubes. Weird, Yamaha has had the edge in the sexy department for some time, I wonder how functional these changes will be. I welcome the new kid to the block.

Just keep going faster until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Last edited by Alpha Mike; 09-08-2008 at 04:17 PM.
post #16 of 59 (permalink) Old 09-08-2008, 05:02 PM
eTard

Send a message via AIM to Crudmop
It just doesn't "flow" for me. There's something missing, and it's a shame because I normally love the finished look of the Yammie offering.

The white is clearly the ugly duckling of the group, but the others aren't much better looking. The headlights/upper, eesh.

giggity ...!.....giggity boo! ...christmas whoop whoop whoop... ! .....! ....

post #17 of 59 (permalink) Old 09-08-2008, 05:11 PM
eCancelChristmas

Quote:
If this config don't make any REAL power difference I cant see the other OEM's doing anything else to one up Yamaha.
yeah, i'm afraid it might be too "starwarsy" for the squid populace if it don't put up the numbers come test time.

deep down, the motorcycle industry has a problem we dont talk about at parties...

post #18 of 59 (permalink) Old 09-08-2008, 05:38 PM
eStarbucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitch View Post
The ass-kicking made itīs eyes pop out.

The yellow-black one looks far better than the blue. The black bodywork fits better with the blacked out engine-frame-wheels.

How much is the fish?
post #19 of 59 (permalink) Old 09-08-2008, 06:18 PM
eChamp

First ugly R1 ever. What were they thinking?
post #20 of 59 (permalink) Old 09-09-2008, 07:50 PM
eCancelChristmas

ironic that the first ugly R1 may be the first one i buy. LOL bmw so missed the boat on the gp engine config. anybody notice with the way they shortened the belly pan on this version, it's like they are anticipating people junking the undertail pipes for a gp pipe this go 'round...

Last edited by shamar1; 09-09-2008 at 08:01 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forums : Sportbikes Motorcycle Racing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page