Honda worried about Rossi on M1 - Page 8 - Sportbike Forums : Sportbikes Motorcycle Racing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #71 of 76 (permalink) Old 11-28-2003, 05:53 AM

Re: Honda worried about Rossi on M1

[img]/wwwthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] It appears the majority here feels the manufacturer and their budgets win races. I wouldn't exactly agree with that, but I do think it paves a smoother road to success. I take it you guys have extensive motorcycling experience. We all know "the fastest motorcycle doesn't automatically win races, the fast rider on a fast motorcycle win races."
Rossi was not the only rider on an RC211V this year. And if you think for one minute Honda's success was purely due the production and fielding of the RC211V in MotoGP was its sole reason for winning, you're totally of the mark. Those wins aren't just "Honda wins" those wins are also "Rossi wins". I don't think you can put any of the other honda riders in positions Rossi found himself in this year and get and the same results. He was able the recover from mistakes and mishaps like no other rider I've seen in the field. How many riders have you seen fall from 2nd or 3rd position to 10th position with 10 laps left and still fininsh on the podium? Or be accessesed a 10 sec stop and go penalty, only to pick up the pace even more and win the race by a margin of 15 sec or more and secure the victory.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not riding Rossi #$%*, but the man deserves the respect. He's earned it. Although we all may not agree with Honda's decision not allowing Rossi to begin testing the M1 early, we must respect it. Some may view the decision as Honda telling Yamaha, "RESPECT THE CONTRACT. " But I see Honda paying homage to Rossi. Honda may still be flexing muscles during the off-season, but they realize they have "2" adversaries in "1" to defeat now,"YAMAHA AND ROSSI." Many don't want to admit it, but the M1 is not at all far from where it needs to be. You see, Yamaha needs a rider like Rossi at this point. The bike wasn't progressing forward for 2 simple reasons.

1) Biaggi was too busy focusing on his personal challenges with Rossi.

2) Carlos Checa is too inconsistent and lacks pose on the M1 machine.

All Yamaha was receiving from their "riders", was a "rider". I see Yamaha and Ducati having serious impact on GP next year. :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 76 (permalink) Old 11-28-2003, 07:14 AM

Did you read the comments made by the journo tests of the current crop of GP bikes:

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/d...umentID=184934

Rossi has his work cut out for him and it won't happen in 1 season, even if Honda let him go. It's Ducati that will be the main challenger to Honda again, much more so than this season. Davide Brivio even said the title isn't realistic in 04'.
post #73 of 76 (permalink) Old 11-28-2003, 09:07 AM

The opinion of "a journalist", I've listened to them long enough not to listen. Reading that article I would see the Ducati as a good suspension dial-in away.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #74 of 76 (permalink) Old 11-28-2003, 01:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The opinion of "a journalist", I've listened to them long enough not to listen. Reading that article I would see the Ducati as a good suspension dial-in away.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe we can get a mod to look up the origin of this post and see who did it? I bet it's a member. :
post #75 of 76 (permalink) Old 11-28-2003, 01:34 PM

It is! It is a member!!!!! : : :
post #76 of 76 (permalink) Old 11-28-2003, 01:44 PM

HEY!!!! Maybe I should log off then post in threads to back myself up with my fake online buddy!!! :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forums : Sportbikes Motorcycle Racing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page