Honda worried about Rossi on M1 - Page 3 - Sportbike Forums : Sportbikes Motorcycle Racing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 76 (permalink) Old 11-17-2003, 12:47 PM Thread Starter

Re: Honda worried about Rossi on M1

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Different situation and circumstances to compare him to Colins situation don't you think?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, Honda pulled out of WSB, Colin had nowhere to go.
Kawasaki pulled out of AMA, E-Boz has nowhere to go. That's racing, it's a business at this level and it happens. I'm not sure the Kawasaki GP team is where E.Boz wants to go :, just like Colin didn't want to go to a support team with unfamiliar tires.

You said so yourself, it's only a month and a half, no big deal. If it's so important then don't down-play it. :

[ QUOTE ]
Kawi just isn't able to support a superbike team(there is a huge amount of money, R&D and time to field a new bike) and are putting thier priorities in another series that they see as more competitive for them and financially viable IMO.

[/ QUOTE ] Then they shouldn't have drug his ass all over the States with the old ZX7RR while whispering "There's a ZX10R waiting for you".

[/ QUOTE ]
We could go around on this month and a half thing forever. If it is only a month and a half than why doesn't Honda just let him test the M1. Like you said it's only a month and a half right. Yeah, Rossi is under contract and so is Colin. But you see Aprilia has the sportsmanship to let him test on the Honda.
Hey, we could talk about this for a long time. Rossi didn't just walk away from Honda for no apparent reason. Why walk away form them? Honda the biggest richest manufacterer of them all. I'm sure he has his reasons beyond what we will ever know. Honda would have made more of a statement by letting him test the M1. It would have been we don't care he doesn't pose a concern for us. But obviously he does!
I like a underdog such as Yamaha,Ducati,Suzuki,Kawi and Proton. You guys can stay on the Honda waggon in a single file line. Just watch out for the little guys.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 76 (permalink) Old 11-17-2003, 12:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Honda won't release Rossi from his contract with them to test the M1 until the end of December. http://moto.racing-live.com/en/index...14123019.shtml Thanks again to Honda showing their sportsmanship and gratitude for what Rossi did for them. :

[/ QUOTE ]

They did what any smart company would do. I'd do the same thing as would any of the other manufacturers if they were smart. Just because you're mad that Honda will still kick ass, regardless, you have to be a whiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiner. : You might as well forget about it. :
post #23 of 76 (permalink) Old 11-17-2003, 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You damn well know Ducati put a alot of money into thier GP efforts(25 mill I think was thier GP budget).

[/ QUOTE ] Ducati is one of the smallest companies in GP. Kawasaki is one of the largest, don't forget Kawasaki Heavy Industries builds ships and helicopters. :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 76 (permalink) Old 11-17-2003, 01:35 PM

And don't forget, when is the last time Yamaha has won a GP Championship? How many have Honda won since Yamaha's last? Yeah, Honda's real scared. :

Rossi isn't the reason for winning the championship, look at the other Honda riders that placed in front of the first Yamaha. Honda has won championships without Rossi, before Rossi, and after Rossi.
post #25 of 76 (permalink) Old 11-17-2003, 02:09 PM Thread Starter

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You damn well know Ducati put a alot of money into thier GP efforts(25 mill I think was thier GP budget).

[/ QUOTE ] Ducati is one of the smallest companies in GP. Kawasaki is one of the largest, don't forget Kawasaki Heavy Industries builds ships and helicopters. :

[/ QUOTE ]
Where did helicopters and ships come into play when we are talking about motorcycles. Do you think thier Helicopter and ship sections play any part in thier motorcycle efforts? Like I said before read and COMPREHEND what I posted about E-Boz and Kawi. It's obvious that Kawi's motorcycle efforts have needed some help for some time. Why did Kawi merge with Suzuki in thier MOTORCYCLE efforts? I mean Kawi could have easily put some helicopter and ship parts in thier bikes right.
post #26 of 76 (permalink) Old 11-17-2003, 06:53 PM

Damn lest, calm down before you blow a gasket :. Look, it's easy, a contract is a contract, GP racing is a business, Kawasaki is a LARGE company with alot more money and resources than you think(hint, hint , and they have to but you don't have to take it so seriously, now get over it and g-day mate :.

*And on a side note this is my 3000th post [img]/wwwthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img].
post #27 of 76 (permalink) Old 11-17-2003, 07:25 PM

I'd go crazy too if I worked in a bank all day. :
post #28 of 76 (permalink) Old 11-17-2003, 07:28 PM
ePro

[ QUOTE ]
Damn lest, calm down before you blow a gasket :. Look, it's easy, a contract is a contract, GP racing is a business, Kawasaki is a LARGE company with alot more money than you think(hint, hint , and they have to but you don't have to take it so seriously, now get over it and g-day mate :.

[/ QUOTE ]

Phukit, forgive him. He have not had a woman in a while! It's all that built fustration comming thru! : :

<font color="red">Honda the riding force</font>

post #29 of 76 (permalink) Old 11-17-2003, 07:31 PM
ePro

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Where did helicopters and ships come into play when we are talking about motorcycles. Do you think thier Helicopter and ship sections play any part in thier motorcycle efforts? Like I said before read and COMPREHEND what I posted about E-Boz and Kawi. It's obvious that Kawi's motorcycle efforts have needed some help for some time. Why did Kawi merge with Suzuki in thier MOTORCYCLE efforts? I mean Kawi could have easily put some helicopter and ship parts in thier bikes right.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fact is, a contract is a contract and the rules are applied! Tuff if you and others dont like it :

And one more thing

<font color="red">Honda the riding force</font>

post #30 of 76 (permalink) Old 11-17-2003, 07:35 PM

Ah this [censored]'s gettin old, back to the topic...

I seriously doubt Honda is "scared" of Yamaha, in the past 15 years Honda has won more GP races and titles than any other manufacturer, of those 15 years or even back to 1966 how many years was Rossi at Honda? Could Honda have won all those Championships before Rossi's arrival? Must have because they did. There is no doubt in my opinion Rossi is the best rider in the world, but it won't be enough to win a handfull of races and the championship in 2004 with Honda(HRC), one of the best racing corporations out there. Face it, when it comes to Honda, they are the best in racing because they do what needs to be done with the most comitment.

And all this comming from a Kawasaki rider, sheesh [img]/wwwthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img].
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forums : Sportbikes Motorcycle Racing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page