Honda worried about Rossi on M1 - Page 2 - Sportbike Forums : Sportbikes Motorcycle Racing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 76 (permalink) Old 11-16-2003, 07:36 PM Thread Starter

Re: Honda worried about Rossi on M1

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It's only a month and a half right. So whats the big deal

[/ QUOTE ] Like you said, it's only a month and a half, no big deal.
Colins could have had the ride with Honda in GP but turned it down. Is anybody calling Kawasaki a ""Machine" A stone cold regiment of a company" for dragging E. Boz all over the AMA for years on the old ZX7RR, just to build the ZX10R, pull out of Superbike, and dump E. Boz? No.

[/ QUOTE ]
Who's to say E-Boz isn't going to ride the Kawi GP bike? I don't know do you? Your also talking about a company that went through some major financial troubles. They simply didn't have the money to build a replacement for the ZX7RR or to develope a different bike for some time. I'm sure this also plays a part in why they probably won't field a bike in W.S.B or A.M.A superbike(Supersport-stock yes). In the case of Kawi and all other manufacturers they need the publicity and the prestiege of having a bike in GP's. So Kawi fields a couple that run at a fraction of the cost of other manufacturers.

I wouldn't say they just "dumped" E-Boz. Kawi just isn't able to support a superbike team(there is a huge amount of money, R&D and time to field a new bike) and are putting thier priorities in another series that they see as more competitive for them and financially viable IMO. It was probably in the best interest of E-Boz to leave. It is unfortunate not to see him on a ZX-10, he would have whupped some a** on it. I'm sure he wants to win a A.M.A superbike title also and not compete in supersport-stock.

Different situation and circumstances to compare him to Colins situation don't you think?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 76 (permalink) Old 11-17-2003, 03:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Different situation and circumstances to compare him to Colins situation don't you think?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, Honda pulled out of WSB, Colin had nowhere to go.
Kawasaki pulled out of AMA, E-Boz has nowhere to go. That's racing, it's a business at this level and it happens. I'm not sure the Kawasaki GP team is where E.Boz wants to go :, just like Colin didn't want to go to a support team with unfamiliar tires.

You said so yourself, it's only a month and a half, no big deal. If it's so important then don't down-play it. :

[ QUOTE ]
Kawi just isn't able to support a superbike team(there is a huge amount of money, R&D and time to field a new bike) and are putting thier priorities in another series that they see as more competitive for them and financially viable IMO.

[/ QUOTE ] Then they shouldn't have drug his ass all over the States with the old ZX7RR while whispering "There's a ZX10R waiting for you".
post #13 of 76 (permalink) Old 11-17-2003, 03:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So Kawi fields a couple that run at a fraction of the cost of other manufacturers.

[/ QUOTE ] Oh really, what was their budget last year? Don't know? Taking guesses? What was Ducati's budget last year? Honda? Yamaha? Did Kawasaki put in more money than Proton? WCM? Suzuki?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 76 (permalink) Old 11-17-2003, 08:46 AM

it shows how worried honda is when they won't let rossi test on the yamaha. edwards has been given the ok by aprilia to ride the honda.(same contract date) yamaha gave honda permission when biaggi-loser went to honda. honda is just worried because they know the yamaha doesn't need much to be where it needs to be.

yamajj
post #15 of 76 (permalink) Old 11-17-2003, 08:58 AM
ePro

[ QUOTE ]
it shows how worried honda is when they won't let rossi test on the yamaha. edwards has been given the ok by aprilia to ride the honda.(same contract date) yamaha gave honda permission when biaggi-loser went to honda. honda is just worried because they know the yamaha doesn't need much to be where it needs to be.

yamajj

[/ QUOTE ]

Yamaha is the worried smuck in this situation! : Max Biaggi was fired from yamaha. That would make Max free to do whatever.

This is a lame ass cry for sympathy [ QUOTE ]
“I thought they would accept because that’s how it’s been over the last few years,” commented Brivio. “Last year Biaggi tested the Honda immediately after leaving Yamaha, Melandri tested with us – as did Barros. Colin Edwards tested the Honda two weeks ago despite his contract with Aprilia. It seems to be generally accepted that a rider can test his new bike a little early, but I can understand Honda’s decision.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can see the woe's that Alex Barros met last year happing to rossi :

<font color="red">Honda the riding force</font>

post #16 of 76 (permalink) Old 11-17-2003, 09:38 AM

live up to a contract.......

hm. seems fair.
post #17 of 76 (permalink) Old 11-17-2003, 09:43 AM
eWorld Champ

Send a message via Yahoo to terrasmak

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It's only a month and a half right. So whats the big deal

[/ QUOTE ] Like you said, it's only a month and a half, no big deal.
Colins could have had the ride with Honda in GP but turned it down. Is anybody calling Kawasaki a ""Machine" A stone cold regiment of a company" for dragging E. Boz all over the AMA for years on the old ZX7RR, just to build the ZX10R, pull out of Superbike, and dump E. Boz? No.

[/ QUOTE ] E bos he's actually getting hooked up , like its said a contract is a contract , kawi , cant just end his contract and neither can e bos . like it was said the came to a mutual agreement , both parties were in favor . For all we know kawi had to pay him well to get him out of the contract , possible superbike mention in contract could have f$ck them . Who knows . But whatever comes out of it . I hightly doubt E Bos is ganna be in the unemployment lines , not is he ganna have an inferior bike like he has had for the last few years

"Racing makes Heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty." -- Peter Egan
post #18 of 76 (permalink) Old 11-17-2003, 10:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]

yamajj

[/ QUOTE ]

Biaggi was fired by Yamaha, it wasnt that his contract was up, he was officially booted from the team. Rossi decided not to sign a new contract, but has to live up to the agreement he made when he signed his present one.

Edwards knew Aprilia was a gamble when he signed last year, he probably had his contract written up that all reassessment would occur following the final race of the year. No one in the world, Rossi himself, probably thought he would leave HRC, so he probably did not read the small print or did not care that his contract this year would actually not end until 12/31
post #19 of 76 (permalink) Old 11-17-2003, 12:03 PM Thread Starter

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So Kawi fields a couple that run at a fraction of the cost of other manufacturers.

[/ QUOTE ] Oh really, what was their budget last year? Don't know? Taking guesses? What was Ducati's budget last year? Honda? Yamaha? Did Kawasaki put in more money than Proton? WCM? Suzuki?

[/ QUOTE ]
Common sense. You know as well as anyone else Honda puts a ton of money into thier GP efforts. You damn well know Ducati put a alot of money into thier GP efforts(25 mill I think was thier GP budget). Yamaha just spent 12-13 million on Rossi. Suzuki has been running a GP bike for awhile now. They won the GP title in 99 or 00. So you tell me why Kawi has been running at the back of the pack in GP!! Read my post on E-boz and comprehend it!! They simply don't have the money!!! It doesn't take hard numbers just some common sense to see this.
post #20 of 76 (permalink) Old 11-17-2003, 12:18 PM Thread Starter

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

yamajj

[/ QUOTE ]

Yamaha is the worried smuck in this situation! : Max Biaggi was fired from yamaha. That would make Max free to do whatever.

This is a lame ass cry for sympathy [ QUOTE ]
“I thought they would accept because that’s how it’s been over the last few years,” commented Brivio. “Last year Biaggi tested the Honda immediately after leaving Yamaha, Melandri tested with us – as did Barros. Colin Edwards tested the Honda two weeks ago despite his contract with Aprilia. It seems to be generally accepted that a rider can test his new bike a little early, but I can understand Honda’s decision.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can see the woe's that Alex Barros met last year happing to rossi :

[/ QUOTE ]
It's called sportmanship.
sportsman (or sportswoman) &gt;noun 1 a person who takes part in a sport, especially as a professional. 2 a person who behaves sportingly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forums : Sportbikes Motorcycle Racing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page