Sportbike Racing Forum banner

Honda worried about Rossi on M1

3K views 75 replies 15 participants last post by  Shaft 
#1 ·
#28 ·
[ QUOTE ]
Damn lest, calm down before you blow a gasket :tongue:. Look, it's easy, a contract is a contract, GP racing is a business, Kawasaki is a LARGE company with alot more money than you think(hint, hint :applause:), and they have to but you don't have to take it so seriously, now get over it and g-day mate :laugh:.

[/ QUOTE ]

Phukit, forgive him. He have not had a woman in a while! It's all that built fustration comming thru! :lol: :lol:

#29 ·
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You damn well know Ducati put a alot of money into thier GP efforts(25 mill I think was thier GP budget).

[/ QUOTE ] Ducati is one of the smallest companies in GP. Kawasaki is one of the largest, don't forget Kawasaki Heavy Industries builds ships and helicopters. :lol:

[/ QUOTE ]
Where did helicopters and ships come into play when we are talking about motorcycles. Do you think thier Helicopter and ship sections play any part in thier motorcycle efforts? Like I said before read and COMPREHEND what I posted about E-Boz and Kawi. It's obvious that Kawi's motorcycle efforts have needed some help for some time. Why did Kawi merge with Suzuki in thier MOTORCYCLE efforts? I mean Kawi could have easily put some helicopter and ship parts in thier bikes right.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fact is, a contract is a contract and the rules are applied! Tuff if you and others dont like it :bird:

And one more thing

#30 ·
Ah this [censored]'s gettin old, back to the topic...

I seriously doubt Honda is "scared" of Yamaha, in the past 15 years Honda has won more GP races and titles than any other manufacturer, of those 15 years or even back to 1966 how many years was Rossi at Honda? Could Honda have won all those Championships before Rossi's arrival? Must have because they did. There is no doubt in my opinion Rossi is the best rider in the world, but it won't be enough to win a handfull of races and the championship in 2004 with Honda(HRC), one of the best racing corporations out there. Face it, when it comes to Honda, they are the best in racing because they do what needs to be done with the most comitment.

And all this comming from a Kawasaki rider, sheesh /wwwthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif.

#31 ·
[ QUOTE ]

I seriously doubt Honda is "scared" of Yamaha, in the past 15 years Honda has won more GP races and titles than any other manufacturer, of those 15 years or even back to 1966 how many years was Rossi at Honda? Could Honda have won all those Championships before Rossi's arrival? Must have because they did. There is no doubt in my opinion Rossi is the best rider in the world, but it won't be enough to win a handfull of races and the championship in 2004 with Honda(HRC), one of the best racing corporations out there. Face it, when it comes to Honda, they are the best in racing because they do what needs to be done with the most comitment.

And all this comming from a Kawasaki rider, sheesh /wwwthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif.

[/ QUOTE ]

Phukit, very true statement. But there are people here, who has strong belief that rossi, is going to make yamaha the pinnacle of motogp. They are so blinded by him going to yamaha, that they have clearly over looked Ducati, the proven threat to Honda! I for one belive honda will retain the championship next year. It will be a tough battle between them and Ducati. Not to mention a tough battle for the riders of Honda and Ducati. Both teams has execellent riders, very capable of winning. 2004 motogp will be one of the best season yet :waytogo:

#32 ·
Damn, I completely forgot Ducati(sorry spaghetti faithfull), definately a contender and a half! They will be at the front alot I think next year, Ducati definately has the passion to kill :wink:.

Biaggi couldn't take the title on the Yamaha when Rossi was on the Honda and he still couldn't when both of them were on the Honda. When Rossi doesn't win the Championship next year nobody can blame the rider, he's the best by far. Nobody can blame Honda either for not GIVING them a month of free testing for Christmas :lol:.

Just look at Honda's 500 and MotoGP record...
15 Constructor's Championships, 9 in the last 10 years!!!
Honda won every race this year except 1... 1 !
Well over 500 Grand Prix wins!
2003, 4 Hondas in the top 5 Championship points, how many in the top 10? :lol:

Yamaha finished 3rd in the Constructors this year and the highest in the Championship points was 7th. Honda scared?

#33 ·
max also didn't produce for yamaha either. a couple of wins doesn't make the sponsors of motogp happy. that's fine what honda is doing, but they should know carma like that comes back to bite them.

what the hell does "happing to rossi mean?" i never studied european grammar.

i guess most people on here are too young to remember wayne rainey and his consecutive championships. he broke his back in '93 which allowed kevin schwantz to win the championship. doohan, who finished behind rainey most of the time then took over with his championships.
yamajj

#34 ·
[ QUOTE ]
i guess most people on here are too young to remember wayne rainey and his consecutive championships. he broke his back in '93 which allowed kevin schwantz to win the championship.

[/ QUOTE ]
:lol: A decade ago!! :lol: I remember Rainey was bitching and complaining that the factory Yamaha was underpowered handling like shite, so he got a customer ROC chassis. Schwantz was dragging his ass all over the place and was leading the points before Wayne's accident in Italy so he wasn't going to win it in 1993 anyways.:shocked: Yeah, I'm too young to remember.

#35 ·
[ QUOTE ]
Who's to say E-Boz isn't going to ride the Kawi GP bike? I don't know do you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahem...

http://www.amasuperbike.com/2003-Nov/031118a.htm

I guess I don't know :wink:.

[ QUOTE ]
what the hell does "happing to rossi mean?" i never studied european grammar.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? /wwwthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif I don't know either.

#37 ·
i said, SOME. i never heard rainey complaining about the underpowered yamaha. funny, he won with it so often. rainey sucks so much, i'm surprised they named a curve at laguna seca after him.

we'll see what next year will bring, but honda's own doohan said in an interview rossi will be the man to beat next year. one of the honda guys were also quoted as to have said, we don't want rossi to have any seat time prior to 12/31/03 because he is a very good rider and will be able to tell yamaha what they need to do with the bike.

again, i don't like the guy, but i would not put any money against him winning with the yamaha.

yamajj

#39 ·
[ QUOTE ]
funny, he won with it so often. rainey sucks so much, i'm surprised they named a curve at laguna seca after him.

[/ QUOTE ] Rainey was one of the best riders ever, in 1993 he was being ran down and passed up at all the faster tracks, and couldn't hold a candle to the Suzuki or even the Honda on the tight tracks until he got the customer ROC chassis because the factory Yamaha chassis was too rigid, but by then he was so far behind Kevin he couldn't catch him in the points. Even the day of his accident he said he was pushing the bike as hard as he could just to stay in the hunt.

#40 ·
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Phukit, very true statement. But there are people here, who has strong belief that rossi, is going to make yamaha the pinnacle of motogp. They are so blinded by him going to yamaha, that they have clearly over looked Ducati, the proven threat to Honda! I for one belive honda will retain the championship next year. It will be a tough battle between them and Ducati. Not to mention a tough battle for the riders of Honda and Ducati. Both teams has execellent riders, very capable of winning. 2004 motogp will be one of the best season yet :waytogo:

[/ QUOTE ]

Honda, which you may already consider the pinnacle of GP racing is exactly why I cheer on the little manufacturers. Like Kenny Roberts said "Honda owns the paddocks and they can make the grass as high as they want, it's all a matter of how much money and commitment they want to put into it". Honda can simply go out and buy the best riders and can afford the best staff to produce the best bike money can buy.

Whether it be Yamaha, Ducati or any other manufacturer than Honda than I will be glad. Your absolutely right, Ducati is right around the corner and Yamaha has the best rider in GP. Ducati sneaked up on your a** enough for Honda to run to the drawing board again in making a rumored V-6 to replace the V-5. It will be nice "if" someone other than Honda wins the GP title next year.

#41 ·
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
funny, he won with it so often. rainey sucks so much, i'm surprised they named a curve at laguna seca after him.

[/ QUOTE ] Rainey was one of the best riders ever, in 1993 he was being ran down and passed up at all the faster tracks, and couldn't hold a candle to the Suzuki or even the Honda on the tight tracks until he got the customer ROC chassis because the factory Yamaha chassis was too rigid, but by then he was so far behind Kevin he couldn't catch him in the points. Even the day of his accident he said he was pushing the bike as hard as he could just to stay in the hunt.

[/ QUOTE ]

i will agree he pushed his bike and himself every time he raced. i like him because he was always 100% when he was racing.

yamajj

#42 ·
[ QUOTE ]
Honda, which you may already consider the pinnacle of GP racing is exactly why I cheer on the little manufacturers.

[/ QUOTE ]

So how much are the little manufacturers, paying a little guy like you for the PR work????
Bottom line is, the contract stands!!! Tuff if you dont like it :bird:

#43 ·
Honda is the biggest in GP because they have decided to be. They make a commitment to racing that no other company can match, and I'm not talking about money I"m talking about time, ideas, staff and their soul. It's the soul of Honda to race and compete. Ducati is the same way, and it's why they are the only competitor that is competitive with Honda even though they probably have 1/50th the amount of money Honda has to spend on their GP Program. It's not about money--Suzuki, Yamah and Kawi just don't "get it." They will never dominate in racing until they get it.

#44 ·
[ QUOTE ]
Honda is the biggest in GP because they have decided to be. They make a commitment to racing that no other company can match, and I'm not talking about money I"m talking about time, ideas, staff and their soul. It's the soul of Honda to race and compete. Ducati is the same way, and it's why they are the only competitor that is competitive with Honda even though they probably have 1/50th the amount of money Honda has to spend on their GP Program. It's not about money--Suzuki, Yamah and Kawi just don't "get it." They will never dominate in racing until they get it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude I back you a 100% with that statement! If Honda and Ducati, was to make their street bikes perform like their race bikes. They would for sure put the lesser brands out of business. So with all the variables in place its an even playing field. Honda rules the most important race series followed by Ducati. While the other romes the road of any street planet earth.

#45 ·
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] Damn Josh made a helluva point :waytogo:, if money was all that it took then Ferrari would have won every F1 Championship since their first. They've had the most money but it also takes resources, ideas, teamwork, advancement, and most of all these things don't build and design themselves it takes people and it all has to gel together with the most commitment. That's why they are called race TEAMS. :wink:

#46 ·
Also, you don't just "get" a lot of money. You have to kick ass and make a damn good product to do it.

This is the typical "whiner" response when Honda kicks ass in any racing circuit. I guess Suzuki has MILLIONS OF CASH AT THEIR DISPONSAL AND CAN OUTSPEND EVERYONE since Mladin has won 3 of the last 4 AMA championships and many other Suzuki racing successes. :rolling:

Honda is just reaping the rewards from decades of building superior machinery.

#47 ·
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You just blatantly criticized every racer,mechanic,manufacturer, and staff other than Ducati and Honda on thier commitment,effort,time and soul invested into thier racing efforts!! You tell Kenny Roberts of Proton that he nor his team has the time,ideas,staff and soul to compete in GP's. That he doesn't "get it". Tell Aprilia that they don't have the right "idea" for a engine configuration. Tell Kenny Roberts Jr that he doesn't have the "soul" to get his Suzuki on the podium.

Ducati has proven in W.S.B that they have the Platform,experience,chassis, and engine configuration to be competitive in GP. It's knowledge more than anything else that has Ducati already at the forefront of GP. Everything about Ducati has been race proven. "Soul" with Honda and Ducati in the same sentence isn't right. You want to talk about soul, character. Start or put a 8 Yr old 916 next to any Honda and you will see soul.

If you want to deny that Honda has the most resources($money$) to put behind thier GP efforts and that that more so than anything else is the reason behind thier success in GP than so be it. Simply put. Honda has dominated GP and Honda has the most resources to put into GP. You put two and two together. It's that simple. I wouldn't want to be in the Honda camp "if" one of the other manufacturers wether it be 1/50th the budget or a manufacturer that just "gets it" wins the GP title next season.

"They make a commitment to racing that no other company can match, and I'm not talking about money I"m talking about time, ideas, staff and their soul."
Evo you would back that statement up 100%

#48 ·
[ QUOTE ]
You tell Kenny Roberts of Proton that he nor his team has the time,ideas,staff and soul to compete in GP's. That he doesn't "get it". Tell Aprilia that they don't have the right "idea" for a engine configuration.

[/ QUOTE ] Of corse they don't, because if they did they wouldn't get lapped at every other race. :lol:

#49 ·
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You tell Kenny Roberts of Proton that he nor his team has the time,ideas,staff and soul to compete in GP's. That he doesn't "get it". Tell Aprilia that they don't have the right "idea" for a engine configuration.

[/ QUOTE ] Of corse they don't, because if they did they wouldn't get lapped at every other race. :lol:

[/ QUOTE ]you have to try new ideas to get results , if they didnt go out on a limb racing would stay the same . Maybe in future years the ideas will be perfected and dominate

#50 ·
[ QUOTE ]
You just blatantly criticized every racer,mechanic,manufacturer, and staff other than Ducati and Honda on thier commitment,effort,time and soul invested into thier racing efforts!! You tell Kenny Roberts of Proton that he nor his team has the time,ideas,staff and soul to compete in GP's. That he doesn't "get it". Tell Aprilia that they don't have the right "idea" for a engine configuration. Tell Kenny Roberts Jr that he doesn't have the "soul" to get his Suzuki on the podium.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why so bitter LESTAT77??? That statement did not criticized any Technician, Rider & Manufacturer! It openly states why HONDA and DUCATI is better than the others. You are so upset that Honda is holding your boy to the length of the contract. That you are so blind to simple reasoning. So with that said, let me show you some of the meaning of JOSHN post.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.