HJC AC-10 helmet - Sportbike Forums : Sportbikes Motorcycle Racing Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   Sportbike Forums : Sportbikes Motorcycle Racing Forum > Shop Talk > Apparel

Old 04-01-2002, 04:56 AM   #1
amp
eNovice

Motorcycle: 2002 Suzuki GSXR600M Telefonica/Movistar edition</br>TRE, MIG High Mount, IRP frame and Swing Arm Sliders, Libertek LED(SOLD) LOOKING
Default HJC AC-10 helmet

I have the above mentioned helmet and like everything about it except one thing. Everytime I look over my shoulder while on the expressway the visor comes open by about 1/2 an inch. This really gets on my nerves and it makes it tough to see when you get a wind blast to your eyes at 70 mph. Any suggestions on how to stop this from happening.

amp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2002, 06:59 AM   #2
NemesisCBR
eChamp

Motorcycle: 99 CBR F4 Bent Two Brothers slip-on Goodridge steel braided lines Honda sintered pads frame sliders bent footbrake integrator kit Metzler sportec M1's.. you know, all the good stuff!
Default Re: HJC AC-10 helmet

Super glue! jk.. tape works better..haha No really.. i konw exactly what you mean.. i have a HJC currently and when on the fwy my lid flies open if i look too far over. The only solution i know of is a helmet with a lock or dont look so far over. Im sure someone has found another way to do it without buying a new helmet.

Heres one i just thought of but probably wont look so great. Theres a reflective band called halo ive seen at the stores. I think its supposed to go around the bottom of the helmet and is supposed to increase your visibility to others at night. Its a stretch band so i guess you could pull it over part of the face shield. Just an idea... like i said, im sure it doesnt look so hot when you try it. [img]/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Old 04-01-2002, 11:10 AM   #3
Rockinfigz
ePro

Motorcycle: 2002 Yel/Blk F4i
<br />-Micron scorched Hi-mount
<br />-PCIII
<br />-DB ZG
<br />-Carbon Micro Indicators
<br />
<br />

Hey amp i have the same helmet and had the same problem in the beginning. anyways i put on some silicon lube(usually comes with arai visors) around the rubber seal and the visor stays shut. never opened again..and i look back all the time now to test it..looked back at 130 mph and no lift..might wanna try that.

Old 04-01-2002, 11:56 AM   #4
NemesisCBR
eChamp

Motorcycle: 99 CBR F4 Bent Two Brothers slip-on Goodridge steel braided lines Honda sintered pads frame sliders bent footbrake integrator kit Metzler sportec M1's.. you know, all the good stuff!

Sounds like a good idea. Position could have something to do with it to. At 130 i dont think id be up right. Chances of it flying open are more likely when youre sitting upright and for me it happens when i look back forward, not when first turning back.

Old 04-01-2002, 12:46 PM   #5
amp
eNovice

Motorcycle: 2002 Suzuki GSXR600M Telefonica/Movistar edition</br>TRE, MIG High Mount, IRP frame and Swing Arm Sliders, Libertek LED(SOLD) LOOKING

Thanks i will give it a try i may have found another use for KY Jelly. LOL it won't destroy the rubber seal like petroleum jelly would.
Thanks for the ideas.

amp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement