Sportbike Racing Forum banner

??? Electrical ???

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  n2ofed 
#1 ·
Hey everyone, forgive me if this post is irrelivant to the forum.
i'll try to explain my problem to the best of my knowledge, and any response is greatly appreciated.
i have one of three Hayabusa's and my 2000 is going through what i would call a severe PMS, i just recently did a minor service on it consisting of an OIL Change, New Battery and Brakes it really hasn't been ridden in a while "about 6 Months" so i did replace gas... i took it for a spin Saturday and all seemed to be great until i arrived a my destination and shut the bike off... after about ten minutes of the bike sitting i went to start the bike and all i got was the normal ignition cycle "or what seemed to be" when i engaged the clutch and pushed the start button, it wouldn't turn over "start"??? not only until i let the bike completely cool down did it start again. and the problem is repetitive. i did notice however that when the bike is hot the tachometer only goes to about 9000RPM when i turn the key to the on position from OFF it does the ignition cycle that's seems to be the sign that the bikes not going to start "only when hot" when the bike sits and has time to cool or has been sitting over night all is perfect.. OR SEEMS TO BE.
THANKS TO ALL IN ADVANCE.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.