Sportbike Racing Forum banner

August 2008 Bike of the Month Entry Thread

38K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  CBRRRT 
#1 ·
All right folks, post your bikes here to be entered in this month's Ride of the Month contest!

Please remember to check the rules first

#2 ·

Year: 1998

Model: Aprilia RS250 street

Eng size: 2t 250

Pipes: Arrow

Seat: Cushioned

Wheels: Round

Accessories: A big sh*t-eating grin

And the story: I've lusted after this bike for quite a while. This past Christmas, Fuzz surprised me with the ability to get one. Thanks to a really good friend and some real efforts, we located this '98 with 8265 miles in excellent condition. Had the top end redone prior to receiving it. Over a few months we were able to work out the logisitics with getting the bike here and took possession of it the first week of July. By far one of the most fun bikes I've ever ridden.

#3 ·
Year: 2005
Model: Suzuki GSXR
Eng size: 599cc
Accessories: race skins, ScottsDampnr, Dunlop209s

I love the 2005 gixxer body style, so I sold my 2002 GSXR 750 and bought this one wrecked.... it was missing the fairings, gas tank, subframe, undertail,.... then I bought a tank & race skins, Scotts dampner, Carbone Lorraine brake pads, Galfer lines, Motul, stomp grips, and some Dunlop 209s, and a decal kit, then drained the fluids and then went to work.... battery box was a little bit a work, but turned out good. Usually the only think I do is suspension, brakes & regular maintenance stuff, so this a new thing for me.... but the bike handled great - even improved the track times over the 750 with this 600... besides I and have always loved the color scheme of the Corona Allstare but I didnt want a yellow bike, so when I saw the Max Biaggi bike from 2007 I had to have it. I think the silver on white worked out.... The decal kit is actually for a 2007 bike, but this one is 2005, so I had to change a few things.

#7 ·
I'm just an ordinary bloke with a shed a few hand skills and the will and motivation to learn as I go.

This is my story mate,

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=12308

and its been one of discovery for me and my ride. Ive done stuff I never knew I could, and watched the bike evolve into what it is now.

I have a rolling project to enjoy through the summer, but next winter its back to the shed to continue its evolution.

#8 · (Edited)
Shoot, you turned the bike on page 1 of your thread into this? :blush

:santa

But what does the word "zorsty" mean? Zorst, zorsty.. it reappears every now and then, but without a clear reference. First I thought it's slang for exhaust, but now?:confused:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.