Sportbike Racing Forum banner

Engine dies with throttle or turning off choke

2K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  Guest 
#1 ·
I need some serious help I am at a complete loss, I recently purchased a 1995 Suzuki RF900R, every time I hit the throttle the bike dies, it also idles very rough once I get it started. There was quite a bit of rust in the tank, so I cleaned it out, and resealed the tank. Next I checked the petcock lines were reversed so I fixed that and replaced the petcock completely. Still happening, took the fuel pump out rust in there cleaned all the rust out, tested fuel runs through no problem, pump was not rusted just flakes mixed in with the gas. Then moved on to the carbs, took em out fully cleaned them and put em back in, fuel is getting to the carbs and bowls will fill up but the bike will not idle smoothe, and every time I hit the throttle in the least bit or try and turn the choke down the engine dies out. I also checked all the plugs and cleaned them as well. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

G
#2 ·
It might be your carb synchronization. Obviously the carbs are still a bit clogged up. Maybe you can run some fuel injector/carb cleaner in the gas while choking it out to keep it running. Or buy a big can of carb cleaner spray and give them a good dosing. It's gotta be trash in the carbs or your jetting is to lean. Jet needles are verry sensitive to debris. Although you might think you cleaned the carbs out good, they probably are still clogged.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.