Sportbike Racing Forum banner

european roll call

12K views 84 replies 24 participants last post by  wikishoes 
#1 ·
ok i dont know what happend to the old one so lets start this again /wwwthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

where are you from and what do you ride?

im from belgium and i ride a 1977 XS750 also known as the dinosaur :grin:

See less See more
#30 ·
Hello and Welcome! :waytogo:

[ QUOTE ]
and where no other bike can keep close if not ...sliding...

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahemm.... Let's find out! :grin:

#34 ·
[ QUOTE ]
ItalianMotarder said:

I'm from Maggiore Lake area, ITALY, where the weird Alps roads start,
where you can enjoy a KTM 625 SXC SUPERMOTARD (see the link in my profile)
and where no other bike can keep close if not ...sliding...

Oh, I also have a '98 Ducati Monster Dark 600.

CIAOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!
I-M

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this far from Mandello del laro? I really should try looking at a map, but the last time I did that I ended up in cleveland..

#36 ·
try www.map24.de

just enter the next town and you'll find it.
it's the best map tool in the net, i wish i could use it to plan our tours.

italianmotarder- sure, why not? make it a coke, i don't drink alcohol, esp. when i'm riding. :wink:
or better, make it a powerade or similar (like we found out on last summer's ride)

we could see next summer.. /wwwthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

#39 ·
[ QUOTE ]
ItalianMotarder said:

I'm about 60 miles from Mandello del Lario.
Why? Do you have relatives over there? or what?

take care
I-M

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey thanks! actually, I bought a Moto guzzi, and there's usually a yearly ride in the lake distrct for guzzi owners. I do have a distant relative in the area, But I haven't talked to him in years. The riding around there looks awesome though.

#40 ·
Leicester, huh?
Did you again (like last year) tie the christmas tree at the market place only to the buildings facing it but not to the tower right next to it, so that it's all the way bent over the place? :lol:

#41 ·
[ QUOTE ]
Did you again (like last year) tie the christmas tree at the market place only to the buildings facing it but not to the tower right next to it, so that it's all the way bent over the place?

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't say I've noticed this.....only go into town at crimbo to have lots to drink :smile:

Will have a look next time i go in and let you know. :wink:

Merry Christmas,

Mark.

#42 ·
:lol: Sebastian! You have such a way with words!!!

Welcome ando! I'm from the UK. I'm in Wales, but my parents live in your neck of the woods. Good to see another Brit in here! :waytogo:

Nice choice of bike BTW :smile:

#44 ·
Well, I'd love to go there once, but it's really expensive... :frown:

#45 ·
Hi yall,
here I am back, I've been in mexico and states, I've seen too many harleys, way too many...

wish yall a happy new year and who knows, maybe I'll get to meet some of you,
I know there are many european bikers riding down to italy in summer, if anyone gets to the Maggiore lake area, just let me know through that topic

I-M

#46 ·
Maggiore is maybe a little much too east for this summers trip... But who knows? Ever been in the french sea alps? :grin:
I wanted to do that pass I forgot the name of anyways, this one from that village in Austria, where the train burned two years or so ago.. And then it would be a jump over to Maggiore.

Did you see lowriders in Mexico? The cars that jump? I always wanted to see those.. /wwwthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

#47 ·
I'm close to lake Maggiore, which is pretty close to Milan, the french alps are about 2-3 hours drive from here (west) and Austria is about 4-5 hours in the other direction (east).

I didn't see any lowriders in Mexico, but plenty of huge junk cars very bad looking, in europe you would be immediately jailed if driving with such a junk. ;-)))

take care
I-M

#49 ·
We're going to a supermoto training session this saturday... But on rental bikes :crazy:

#51 ·
Well, kinda next to Frankfurt.
He just teaches the basics on indoor kart tracks.
The school goes over wintertime through various locations, from Cologne down to Schwaben.
We chose Koblenz for it's between Kristian and Hans, who had the longest way. Of course there'll be some pics and a report :grin:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.