Sportbike Racing Forum banner

LI Sunday 8/2

5K views 27 replies 8 participants last post by  Stray 
#1 ·
Anyone out and about tomorrow? Up for a local LI ride?

#4 · (Edited)
LOL yeah Duc - it's better than DDT. :) it's not so bad when it's warmed up, but when it's cold and first starting:

Not sure Mirage - we've got a few hours tomorrow so I was wondering if anyone would be out and we'd come tag along - we can't roll early unfortunately, but will be able to hit the road around 10:30a for a few hours.

#8 ·
OK - we can't roll out until 10:30a or so, but maybe we can roll out and meet up on 107 in the lot at 11:15 and then work our way along the north shore a bit out to a loop out here off some "decent" roads we found. We've gotta be back @ 4 to get the little one, so that gives a few hours to roll.

#11 ·
oops... crashed. Well, thank you to Fuzz Crud and Mirage (in no particular order) and the nice people who stopped to help. Went into a turn over my head, made a stupid rookie maneuver, and for my troubles slid it nose first into the curb. I managed to pull off a magnificent ninja roll as I was sliding across the ground, and capped it off with a sloppy yet carefully choreographed flop into what quite possibly was poison Ivy mixed with dead plants. After waking up the local fire department and constabulary, I rode off with the group, head hanging low. The guys I was riding with were terrific, making sure not only that I was OK, but that my bike was operational.

out fucking standing

Cheers!

Adam

#13 ·
left side plastics front and back are scratched, but nothing I am gonna bother fixing. Frame and swingarm sliders ate the brunt of the slide, so I will have to replace them.

Back of my helmet is scratched, not bad but I am gonna replace it anyway. The Nitro Racing Mesh jacket I was wearing had some holes in the back and underarm area, my Leather jacket will be arriving Thursday :p Glad I had the gear... wish I had leather pants. Oddly enough, that was the conversation between Fuzz and I about 30 minutes prior to this incident.

Smacked my right knee pretty good, as well as my left hip. Right shoulder is tweaked, but its always a little tweaked. I will post pictures when my hip and knee start changing colors like the Northern Lights

#14 ·
here is Tennis Player Fernando Gonzalez doing a somewhat less dressed, yet accurate portrayal of myself after losing the front in a numbskull bid turn left.

Note: My particular anguish was derived not so much from the rolling/sliding or damage to the bike, but instead from excruciating, unwavering testicular pain for roughly 15 minutes after gear hit pavement. Good God, that hurt. I mean in the Extended British Encyclopedia of Nut Pain, I went from volumes 1 to 3. That was the worst part, the horrendous nut pain.

Good heads up play by the crew to notice I was in the process of dragging brake rotor, and not just 3/4 of a mile behind stuck in second gear, and return quickly to my aid.

#15 ·
JsemCesku~ I'm extremely glad you're OK and thankfully there wasn't to much damage to your bike. Take some aspirin, relax and when your new gear gets here you'll be up and riding at full strength.

That said, Crud's 250 was a blast to see and pics don't do it justice. Here's a few pics however:

Side

Dash

Exhaust

And let's not forget about Fuzzy's Triple:

Patiently Waiting

#16 ·
Crud~ LIke I mentioned The Shiv (my pet name for her) went back to her home this past Wednesday. I have to admit that the time we spent together was special. She took a good thrashing and came back for more. Here's a sneak peek of a few pics from my next review (should be done next week):

Strike a Pose

Shhh, you'll wake her!

#18 ·
That sucks to hear about your fall Adam but that picture and blurb combo is hilarious. :lol You couldn't have been in better hands if you had to pick a day to fall!

Mirage...there is your opening to post up my skinny ass on that bike. It was awesome!!! In that it's not mine, stationary, indoors sort of way. ;)

#19 ·
Jsem - shit happens, and I'm glad you are ok. In the scheme of things, this was an easy one, so now move on, learn from it, and get back out there.

Nice shots Mirage - thanks again for a really nice run today, that North end loop v. 5 is really becoming good :)

That 250 - you were saying its a 2T? Interesting, right-side drive. Man, if they put that out in a 4T and sell those in the states they'd make a killing. Has a 675 kinda feel to it. Any specs?

#21 ·
Crud~ I honestly don't know to much about it. I could be wrong about the stroke but I believe it was 2 although it could be 4. I know Duc wanted one as it fit his 100 lb. soaking wet body perfectly: :wink

And if the Aprilia 250 didn't have enough oomph for him he figured he'd try a Honda (might there be an upgrade from the 748 in the future? Hmmmm...):

#24 ·
Adam-
Of course the most important thing is that you walked away okay. It really could have been worse. We really enjoyed making fun at your expense so it worked out for everyone ;) Take a look at my website - there is a link to safety wire stitiching. It looks cool! :)

I had a really nice time yesterday. Sorry that we had to cut it so abruptly, Mirage. We just ran out of time. Thank you for jumping up front and taking us out for a ride :)

We're coming in to having at least one weekend day free for the next couple of weekends so hopefully we can get out for some all day rides. We'll def. keep you posted.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.