CBR 954RR vs ZX-9R - Sportbike Forums : Sportbikes Motorcycle Racing Forum
View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-11-2003, 08:36 AM Thread Starter
eNewbie

CBR 954RR vs ZX-9R

This is only regards to handling and stability. Not looks, performance, or what not. Not about how quickly the bike turns. But handling and stability. Which is better?

<FORM METHOD=POST ACTION="http://esport.sportbikes.com/wwwthreads/dopoll.php"><INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="pollname" VALUE="1055349403johnnyxpx">

Which has better handling and more stability?
<input type="radio" name="option" value="1" />CBR 954RR
<input type="radio" name="option" value="2" />ZX-9R
<INPUT TYPE=Submit NAME=Submit VALUE="Submit vote" class="buttons"></form>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-11-2003, 09:15 AM
eWorld Champ

Re: CBR 954RR vs ZX-9R

Handling and Stability can be two separate issues, so I vote:

Handling - 954RR. Lighter and more "flickable", a quality most Hondas seem to share.

Stability - 9R. Heavier and more effort required to turn, but will hold a line "better". Again, most Kawis seem to share this trait (don't know about the 03 6r/6rr).

Down Like a Clown, Charlie Brown...
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-11-2003, 09:30 AM
eAmateur

Ditto, the 9R is stable but heavy, and the 954 is more flickable.
post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-11-2003, 10:07 AM
eNovice

I don't know which is better but Sport Rider's 2002 shootout seemed to imply the ZX9R had better handling than the 954. Based on what I read and the price i Traded my 600 for a ZX9R. Have only ridden it 200 miles since picking it up Saturday due to the endless rains in Pittsburgh. It feels as light as a 600 with the power of a 900. Actually it seems light years ahead of the old 600 (great seat).
Not dishing on the Honda 954 (if only I could afford both).
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-11-2003, 10:26 AM
eWorld Champ

The 954 handles/steers quicker but twitchy(due to lighter weight), the ZX9R is more stable and doesn't move around as much(from the extra weight). Really personal preference, I've grow to like the bike moving around under me and keep a loose grip on the bars so it works for me. I got tired of the slower steering yet stablility of my older heavier VTR1000 but I learned alot from the confidence it gave me that's lacking the the 954.

First Liter bike? ZX9R. Next Liter bike? 954/R1/GSXR...

"Why don't I want to go to GP? Because I am a realist who knows I wouldn't be competitive...if I was on the right bike with the right team and had to race Rossi, I couldn't do it."
-Matt "Cherry Picker" Mladin

post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-11-2003, 11:48 AM Thread Starter
eNewbie

So then the ZX-9r is the better handling bike? Still a tough call. The 954 is extremely flickable but does that make it unstable.
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-11-2003, 12:07 PM
eAmateur

[ QUOTE ]
The 954 is extremely flickable but does that make it unstable.

[/ QUOTE ]

In the wrong hands.... yes.... They start feeling it move underneath them, then they start fighting with the bike.. before long it is the sound of plastic being introduced onto pavement... (not a good thing)

I can't ride today, the voices are telling me to go home and clean my guns......
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-11-2003, 01:02 PM
ePro

I owned a 9R 2000 and now own a R1 2002. Never ridden a 954 but they are similar to an R1. The 9 is defenitly much more stable. I noticed any time my 9's front came off the ground the steering stayed straight.

The R1 once the front comes up slightly the steering can turn very quickly left or right depending on which hand is pulling more. Very sensitive.

It takes more muscle to ride the 9R. It's kinda acts like a slower computer. Then you have faster smaller computer(R1,954) but slightly less stable. But I never take my R1 out and want to come home. My nine I did, so..
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-11-2003, 01:29 PM
ePro

I got to say it depends on the rider. But I'd say the 954rr is a better handler then the zx9r just the weight the difference.

post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-11-2003, 02:00 PM
eWorld Champ

My 1983 Honda Magan 1100 weighed 700 pounds and was VERY stable, but didn't handle as good as my VTR1000....

"Why don't I want to go to GP? Because I am a realist who knows I wouldn't be competitive...if I was on the right bike with the right team and had to race Rossi, I couldn't do it."
-Matt "Cherry Picker" Mladin

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forums : Sportbikes Motorcycle Racing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page