Alright kids, I've just spent the last three days doing these mods, so I thought I'd list them and the results.
D&D black satin bolt on can. Looks trick, sounds trick......TRICK!
Factory Pro 1.05 jet kit. Here are my specs: Mains: 168 outer, 178 inner. Float bowls changed from 13mm to 15.5mm. 2 shims under each needle, and pilot screws went from totally mixed up to 2.5 turns out each....that's subject to change.
Ken Waters' float bowl mod. For those of you that haven't done this, DO IT. It seals the airbox better, and equalizes pressure between the float bowls and air box.
California emissions removal. I must have taken out about 40 feet worth of useless hoses! I also installed a crank case breather where the tube used to go into the air box, further creating a more sealed effect. I plugged off everything, with the exceptions of the tube on the bottom of the tank, and the red marked tube at the back. These I teed off into one line that runs quite neatly down to the bottom of the bike. The end result is a completely sealed air box, with ONE line going into the float bowls, and about a five pound weight loss.
I'm still waiting on my Factory Pro ignition advance, but so far the 7 seems to idle more evenly, and now has a much smoother acceleration curve. So far the only weirdness has been a bit of hanging up around 2000 rpms when I blip the throttle, but that will be sorted out after the weekend.